Friday, February 25, 2011

Lander, Wyoming

While on our way to northern Utah, our first stop to stay at for spring break, we were stranded in Lander, Wyoming due to a snow storm. So I took this opportunity to explore main street with my camera. Keep in mind that very little editing has been done to these three photos, if any at all. There may be a lot of distracting elements in the photos that may not need to be there, but I like them for I think they make the image, and is realistic.  From the few shots I did get to take, I saw many others that I would love to capture as well. It would be nice to be able to stay here for a good full day to look around with all the fresh powder falling down.

This is my favorite picture of the three. This was taken from the common room inside the hotel we stayed at. I really like how the reflections from the window played into this photo, and the glow from the inside lighting. The one thing  don't like and think is too distracting is the clear reflection of the two lights at the top. I did no editing to this photo at all.

I like this photo too, except that it does need to be lightened up. I'd really like the tree to be silhouetted, and the headlights of the cars toned down some. There's just so many photo opportunities around this small feel town, but so hard to capture in the snow and no proper lighting.

I really like this one a lot as well. I'd probably play with the glow of the light a little bit to see how else it could look, and maybe crop the edges just a teeny bit. But I really like the reflection of the snow around the lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment