Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sports Photography

For our first photography project we did sports photography. I've never done any sports shooting before and I found out how hard it is to shoot action. In our group we chose basketball and the schools equestrian team. I wanted to do the equestrian team because not many people know we have one and I thought it'd be neat to do. When shooting over in the indoor arena I found out how difficult of a place that is to shoot in. Its really dark, and the lighting is weird in there. There's also a lot of dust particles floating around in the air so your flash tends to catch those in the image. I did have working with different angles to shoot. first I'd get up on the railing and shoot out over, trying to be up at the rider's level, maybe a little bit above. Then I went into the arena to get some straight on shots and lower level shots from down in the dirt. The difficulty I had with my photos is that first off, I'm not using dslr to take the photos so clarity is a big issue. Looking at the 3 photos below you'll see a lot of noise, but these are 3 my favorite that I ended putting in the slide show.


No comments:

Post a Comment