Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Portrait 1


I took this picture up at the equestrian center in the afternoon.  The sun was setting off to the west, and I liked the sunlight coming into the side of her face more so than directly on her face. I think this helps show off more of what type of light I was using for the photograph. Obviously, you can see the light lighting up the right side of her face and her hair on that side. But it was such a clear bright day that there was also sunlight reflecting off a cars and other objects. You can see this because the left side of her face isn't completely shadowed; there's light reaching it.  I tried to lighten up the eyes a bit, but she was squinting and she has dark eyes to begin with so it was pretty difficult. I also bumped up the contrast, clarity, and luminance of the noise reduction up a bit. I then used the spot removal tool to get rid of a few freckles that were standing out enough that they were bothering me. The last thing I did was cropped the bottom and the right side some to get rid of some unnecessary background, and make sure the attention is focused on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment